Monday, February 19, 2007

What to Venture into

Can you tell that I've got food on my brain? Blended anything, even milkshakes, quickly become boring. Through relentless experiments, I've discovered a few things that may help add variety AND nutrition to your diet during recovery.
  • Cottage cheese. Really high in protein!
  • Savory egg custard. See my recipe here. Add less chicken broth if you want it to be a little more dense. It'll still be soft and never requires chewing.
  • Mashed potatoes. Add sour cream, extra butter, and/or guacamole to make it even fluffier.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Milkshakes, boring? Oh my god, I don't know if that will happen to me! I LOVE ice cream and shakes, and look forward to being able to drink them without having to worry about them making me a fatty. Let's see how long I'll go on milkshakes before I find them boring. ;)

I'm thinking about getting a juicer though. Because otherwise how am I going to get any veggies? Hmm, soup I guess. (I should also note though that I'm a vegetarian.)