Monday, February 05, 2007

Grateful

Did a lot of research on orthognathic surgeries on Google this morning. One website caught my eye when they said that when you first find out from your orthodontist that 1. yes, something IS wrong with your jaws and 2. yes, there IS something you can do to fix it - it is an overwhelming feeling. Yet, we should thank God because lots of people live their entire lives knowing they have a problem, but can't articulate it, or find a solution for it. In that sense, I am very fortunate, indeed.

My dentists have always said I have "beautiful teeth". Ironic, isn't it, that I'd never felt proud of them? Not that I'd purse my lips in photos, but boy, I always knew, if there's one thing I could change about my physical appearance, my face would be it - the profile, especially. Wouldn't you say that's a pretty big deal? My FACE. Not my ankles, or my tummy, or my breasts. But, my face. Our faces are our IDs in this world. I am, yes, grateful, that things turned out the way they did and I was given the opportunity to make an improvement and boost my self-esteem. Thank you, God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me so much of my life right now Kristen thankyou for your blog