Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No Pain, No Gain

The day came and went without much ado. Highlight: NO pain killer taken yet today, not even a single drop. I feel very happy about that. For the past week or so, I've been taking liquid Tylenol at least twice a day - once during, and once before bed. If I don't feel miserable before bedtime tonight, I'd consider that a milestone. I look surprisingly "normal" in the photo to the right, taken 5 minutes ago, even though my cheeks are still very much swollen. The photo's a bit over-exposed so you probably can't tell. Was going to dash out to Safeway to pick up some catfood, so I put on blush to look somewhat presentable and not scare any innocent fellow shoppers. But, I feel exhausted, so the trip will have to wait till tomorrow. It felt odd to put on makeup, however minimal, since I hadn't done that in two weeks. When the brush skimmed over my still swollen cheeks, it tickled a little bit. What an odd feeling!

My roommate just came home and told me we have a whole container of catfood in the pantry, so we didn't run out. Yay!


Oh, now the "no gain" part - I've lost 15 lbs since the surgery on January 31st. It's not as bad as it sounds. Because.... well, I knew I'd lose some weight so I pigged out for two months prior to surgery, and gained 10 lbs. So by now I've given all those back, and then some. :) I'm not wasting away, folks (fat chance!). At 5'7" and 135 lbs, I'm practically the poster child for good health.

5 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Wow Kristen,
YOu look so pretty in that picture! Such a change from your previous appearance. I'm not saying you looked bad before, you were very cute, but I just think the difference is striking. You look pretty now, verses cute before. Great news that you are not having to use the tylenol anymore. I'm sure we can't see the swelling like you can, but the difference in just a couple days ago is very dramatic. YOu must be so excited, and thrilled with your results huh?

Maggie said...

Hey Brandy, thanks for the compliments. Yes, I'm rather curious to see the "final" results after the swelling disappears. If you saw me in person you'd immediately notice - well, I think - that my cheeks are still puffy. Wish I had cheekbones THAT high. Sigh. ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Kristen,
I agree with Brandi....Wow, you are very striking. I hope my changes turn out similar to yours. :)Kim

Graham said...

Looking good Kristen! You're even already less swollen than on the right side of the comparison photo below it seems!

Maggie said...

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. :) My surgeon says he knows nothing about MLD (Manual Lymph Drainage) excercises, but he tells me I can do light massages around my cheeks and neck to feel better - whatever I want to do, really, as long as I don't stress out my jaws. It hurts (in a good way) when I gently massage my cheeks with my knuckles, in a circular motion. Feels good!