Monday, February 19, 2007

Paranoid

The removable shower head slipped out and hit me in the left jaw this morning. Ouch! OK, I have to say there wasn't much impact since it was plastic. But still. I jumped out of the shower immediately to check and make sure it didn't shift my jaws. So far, it looks fine, and there's no pain. Scary! Also, when I drive I worry about getting hit in a car accident and causing undesirable jaw movement. Argh! Maybe I should pad my jaws with marshmellows to help absorb any potential impact. Crazy thought, huh? The things that go through my head!

4 comments:

Mrs. Shanton said...

Big hug. You poor, poor thing! That must have been so scary. Your thoughts/fears are NOT scary at all. After I took my chin bandage off I felt so...vulnerable. I also think about car accidents and such. I'm also clumsy--so, so clumsy. For example, I'm the type to pull my sheets up to my face at night, and tug so hard that my hand slips off the sheet and smacks me in the face? ALL the time. I've been so careful lately.
Whew! I'm not the only one who thinks like you do.....
You've got such a good blog here, Kirsten!

Mrs. Shanton said...

I mean, KRIsten! (typo.)

Mrs. Shanton said...

GOD, I'm such a spaz. I mean, your thoughts/fears are not STRANGE. They are scary, but I think it's normal.

Graham said...

When I was recovering from SARPE and was having the "zingers" at night I actually slapped myself in the face a few times thinking it was a bug or an itch. I quickly learned to keep my hands under the covers at all times!