Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Milestone: Two Weeks Post Op

Two weeks post op falling on Valentine's Day. Just perfect. I'm so happy that the surgery and the hospital stay are over. Breathing remained difficult for at least a week, though I've learned some remedies to nasal congestions first-hand. My face continues to deflate, which is a very good thing, as Valentine's Day provides ample opportunities for photographs, and certainly no one wants to look like a chipmunk in those. :P

Can't believe I'm showing you all the photo on the left, taken the day after my surgery, almost two weeks ago. OK, laugh all you want. :D This was my swelling at its absolute worst. I looked like Miss Chipmunk-Piggy (hyphenated last names are so cool). No make-up (of course!), no jewelry - nothing but a big 'ol pumpkin head/chipmunk face. Everything felt painfully swollen and stretched to the max starting from right below my eyes. Dr. Li laughed when he saw me, as did Doug and Isabelle. Hmmmmmmmm.... I WONDER WHY. Note to self: do NOT run this photo when I campaign for public office. ;)

Today, thankfully, I look somewhat normal again, as seen in the photo on the right, from yesterday. I've definitely come a LONG way. Still noticeable swelling in my face - however, the rest of me has definitely deflated - as in, I've lost 15 lbs since the operation. My clothes fit better now, and they hang loose. Don't worry, my BMI is a healthy 21.1, right where it should be.

Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

Graham said...

Comparison photos rock! Think of your formerly swollen face as a badge of honour! You made it through and should be proud, as I'm sure you are! :)

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Kristen,
What surgery did you have? Was it upper, lower, and genio?

Brandy

Maggie said...

Hey Brandy, I had upper and lower. My OS shortened my upper jaw and moved it forward, and at the same time pushed back my lower jaw.

Brandyleigh35 said...

I'm so bummed, I just went to the OS this morning. Original plan was to do lower jaw advancement. Now...he wants to do upper, lower, and genio.

I'm totally just numb about it all!

Brandy

Maggie said...

Brandy, that sucks. I left a lengthy comment on your blog. Keep your head up! You're not alone.

Mrs. Shanton said...

What a difference two weeks makes! You look great! It's so funny, because our swelling pattern is the same! Well, if I have your de-swelling pattern to look forward to, yee-haw!

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Kristen,
Did you get your zip and squeeze bags yet?