Monday, February 12, 2007

Necessary Evil

Dr. Li said I could brush my teeth now. As soon as I got home from the appointment, I proceeded to remove the four rubber bands binding my jaws together, and carefully opened my mouth just wide enough to remove the splint. Freedom! I had no idea I'd find teeth-brushing so enjoyable. After about a minute though, my lower jaw started feeling, well, suspended, and sore. I actually missed having the splint - having something to bite down to and rest on. What a necessary evil! It almost feels like a pacifier, in a weird way. LOL. I was saddened and relieved when all the rubber bands and the splint reported back to their posts after the brushing. Very limiting, yes, but they also provide the much-needed support right now. Oh well. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Kristen,
To brush....how sweet it must be. I promise I will never take that for granted again in my entire life! Kim