Thursday, March 29, 2007

Residual Swelling & Numbness

Thanks everybody, for your comments.  I do have to say, though, that I know there's still some residual swelling.  It's only visible when I smile, or laugh - because it's around my nose and the cheekbone area surrounding it.  One word - ROUND.  I'll have to post some photos later. 
 
For those of you that have had the surgery - you know how for weeks post op, the first thing you notice when you wake up each morning is the incredible tightness in your jaw bones?  For me it felt as though someone grabbed my jaws and really put pressure on them.  My face didn't feel....free.  Well, now that's STILL the case.  Not so much around my lower jaw, but definitely in my upper jaw, especially right below the nose.
 
My lower jaw has its own woes.  Namely, the numbness on the right side and also in the lower right lip.  The feelings in the lip are coming back faster than in the jaw.   I'd estimate 35% still missing, though. 
 
It's a waiting game.

No comments: