Sunday, September 09, 2007

Closing the Gap

Have an appointment with my ortho tomorrow to see if the elastics have done their magic, and that my bite is "perfect". If everything goes according to plan, then she'll remove the braces in a week, on Sept. 17th.

But I fear the elastics haven't done a perfect job. There still seems to be a slight gap between the top and bottom molars on the right side. They touch, but only barely, and when I bite down, I don't feel a solid contact surface there as I do on the left side.

She just might have to prolong the treatment until this is fixed. Grrrr. So close (to being done), yet so far away!

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll find out in about 24 hours.

3 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Trust me I feel your pain! The closer it gets the farther away it seems to get too.

I got a new wire, and supposedly on Oct 18th we will look at setting a debracing date. But... now I have a little gap forming and my bite also doesn't feel completely on either! It really is maddening isn't it!

Hopefully yours will be something that can be fixed quickly and you will really get them off! Good luck to you!

Bill said...

I know exactly where you're coming from on this ... anxious to be debraced and have it all over with yet frustrated with the slow pace of the corrections.

I've been in the *triangle* elastic configuration for the past couple of months and it's done a wonderful job of bringing the front teeth and incisors into alignment. Unfortunately, the back molars on both sides are still a bit out of whack. I'll be seeing my Orthodontist tomorrow morning (a regularly scheduled appointment) and we'll see what he says. I'm really hoping he doesn't put me in the elastic configuration you had a few weeks (month) ago but, at this point, I don't want to settle on the final outcome. If it means another month or two in braces then so be it.

Erin said...

Agh! So frustrating! I am only in the beginning stages of bringing things together post-surgery and I think it's going to be a LONG process. :(