Sunday, November 25, 2007

Perfect Sunday Music

Dan in Real Life introduced me to the music of Sondre Lerche (pronounced "Sonder Lerkay"), a Boy Wonder from Bergen, Norway. The acoustic guitar, the occasional piano, the easy rhythm, and the unpretentious vocal chords - he weaves music that makes you want to stroll down a pebble-studded European street with hands in your jeans pockets; bask in the warm sun and curl up with a good book and a big cup of cafe au lait; cruise in a convertible with the top down and sing, sing along, in the crisp autumn air, while watching the foliage turn their colors.

The style of his music - the fact that the vocal chords take the front seat, that nothing's overly dressed up - reminds me of another band, Kings of Convenience, whose songs I absolutely adore. Just looked them up and discovered to my surprise that they happen to be Norwegians from Bergen, too.

Recommended Sondre Lerche Tracks:
  • I'll be OK
  • My Hands Are Shaking

Recommended Kings of Convenience Tracks:

  • Cayman Islands
  • Live Long
  • Misread

You can sample their music at Pandora, Rhapsody, and iTunes.

No comments: