Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What's $24 worth to ya?

What's $24 to you?
 
  • Two movie tickets?
  • A pedicure?
  • Two drinks at an average bar?
  •  
    But for $24 a month, you can sponsor a child in need in countries like Sierra Leone, Zambia, and Mexico.  80% of your donation goes to the child.  What are you waiting for?  Sponsor a child through Christian Children's Fund today!
     
    Yes, I'm in marketing, and I totally fell for CCF's TV commercial last night (another reason why I don't typically watch TV).  But, this is for a good cause, I hope.  And for once, I want to be NOT jaded or cynical - and help spread the word.

    1 comment:

    Bill said...

    Hey Kristen ... good on ya for stepping up and taking action.

    I hear you about wanting to be "not jaded or cynical" ... I've been burned one too many times by organizations that, on the surface, appeared to be legitimate but were actually bogus. That's why I started donating to charities via the annual Combined Federal Campaign fund-drives. This way I can choose from a wide variety of local, national, and internation charities that have been certified as legit and I know where my money is going and what it's being used for.