Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Shout Out to Laura!

Hi there Laura, thanks for your comment on "The Elephant Woman". I'm delighted to "meet" a fellow Dr. Li patient. It sounds like you've just started out - oh my, spacers, what fun memory! :) I remember how I felt - a LONG, dark tunnel ahead, and no light at the end whatsoever. Yes it did feel like it would take "decades". However, now that everything's said and DONE, I can assure you that it'll be over before you know it. It'll be become part of the routine, your attention will shift to life in general, and before you know it, you'll have had your surgery and subsequent recovery and voila, a whole new you, then ON to the next new adventure. Buckle up and enjoy the ride - because indeed it'll be a short one. Even if it doesn't feel that way right now.

Again, nice to "meet" you, and please feel free to reach out along the way. Have fun!

Everybody - I've added a link to Laura's blog on the left, in the "Surf's Up" section. Read it at http://bracedup.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

laura said...

Thanks Kristen. It does feel like it'll take forever, especially since I can't really eat right now. I'm experiencing a (braces induced) open bite.

On the other hand, it's like having a little secret, knowing that my teeth are quietly moving around. Well, perhaps not so secret.

You look amazing by the way. I was a bit nervous about Dr Li when I met him - he's very blunt - but your blog has made realize how good he is.

Laura